Products and Services
Where Do I Start?
What They're Saying
Tile & Flooring
Furniture & Accessories
Rate My Kitchen
Planning and Budget
As Featured In
How Does Your Kitchen Score?
Room Design and Orientation
1. Are there areas available for ease in food preparation, cooking, serving, and clean-up?
2. Is "people traffic" directed away from the cook's activities?
3. Is there a casual dining / conversation area in the room?
1. Do you like the color, style, and construction of your cabinets?
2. Is your cabinetry free of nicks, dents, failed finishes and odors?
3. Are all of the drawer boxes, glides, doors, hinges and knobs / pulls in good repair?
1. Does everything you need to be stored in your kitchen "have a home?"
- dishes, glassware, cutlery, serving items
- pots and pans, cooking utensils, bakeware, cutting boards, trays
- spices, oils, flavorings, coffee / tea, condiments
- storage containers, foils, mixing bowls, cutting boards
- groceries: dry goods, non-refrigerated fruits or vegetables, coffee and tea,
pastas, canned goods, etc.
- napkins, placemats, towels, dish cloths, soaps, clean-up items
- small electrics: toaster, mixer, blender, food processor, etc.
- message center and electronics: phone, laptop, TV, charging station
- trash and recycling
2. Are your Items located near to where they are most likely to be used?
3. Are all cabinet areas easily reached, with helpful interior storage features?
- roll-outs, pull-outs, trash containers, spice drawers, mixer shelves,
bins, cutlery dividers, plate pegs, etc.
1. Are your appliances working properly? Easy to maintain?
2. Are your appliances conveniently located and easily accessible?
3. Do your cooking appliances meet your needs?
- convection, steam, speed and programmable ovens
- induction cooktops and microwave drawers
- professional and custom ranges with designer ventilation
4. Is your perishable food storage meeting your needs? Is it the right size, configuration?
- freshness is maintained properly, with well-configured shelves and bins
- proper wine and.or beverage storage
- clear ice maker
5. Do you have appliances that provide all of the functions you need?
- quiet dishwasher, warming drawer, coffee system, specialized ventilation
Countertops and Surfaces
1. Is there enough counter space, located where you need it, at the correct heights?
2. Are your countertops and backsplash aesthetically pleasing and in good condition?
3. Is the countertop and backsplash material easy to keep clean?
Fixtures and Mechanical Elements
1. Do you like the shapes of your sink(s) and are they located where you need them?
2. Do you like your faucet(s) and / or sprays, do they work well?
3. Do you have adequate task lighting? Switches and outlets?
How many "yes" did your kitchen score?
19 - 20
Congratulations! Perhaps you already have a DCI kitchen?
15 - 18
Your kitchen is functional, however there may be opportunities for select improvements?
10 - 14
It may be time for a well-needed update.
Oh my, call us. You'll be glad you did!
1300 South Boulevard
P - 704.926.6000
F - 704.926.6001
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 10am - 4pm
Closed on Sundays